Tuesday, February 12, 2019

A Few Collage Papers

A little update on the Collage Challenge #1

I can't tell you how FUN it is to go to the post office and find my box full of envelopes full of collage papers! As I open them, I'm doing a preliminary sorting into GOOD VARIETY, and NOT SO GOOD VARIETY. Many of the envelops contain really beautiful papers, but not as much variety as others. For example, several of the papers are similar in color or value or pattern. I will definitely come up with a way to use all of them, though!

I scanned a few of the collections in the GOOD VARIETY category. Take a look.

I thought this one was particularly good. Variety in color, scale (of pattern), value...

I love how the two black and white patterns (upper right) are SO different because of the scale of pattern.

The bright circle piece on the right makes me want to paint like that, scan, and print out collage paper! Do you see two papers in this collection that are very similar?

This collection included an acrylic skin. Can you see which piece that is?

Love that big black and white!

cocktail napkin, donut bag, marbled paper....

Definitely some variety here!

Gorgeous collection here.
Keep the envelopes coming! The papers don't need to be large or beautiful; just go for variety. I hope you are having fun putting together these collections. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing.

9 comments:

  1. Oh know! I’m in the Not So Much Variety group��. I’ll try again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you know? The above is just the tip of the iceberg of what I have received.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This is only a few of the collections I've received. I won't be able to post all of them, but hope to show samplings.

      Delete
  3. Do you know who did the collection when you are looking at it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I do keep the collection with the envelope, so if you have identified yourself on the return address, then yes. Recognize any of these???

      Delete
    2. The first one is mine, but I didn’t know if you knew that. Thanks. I knew as soon as I saw the blue piece with the blue hous paint on it.

      Delete
  4. This challenge has been a lot of fun! It's as much fun to send the papers as it is (hopefully) to receive them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's fun to send, because it certainly is fun to receive them!!

      Delete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!