Sunday, February 27, 2022

Absorbent Ground with Resists

Here is a little experiment I did with Golden Absorbent Ground and various Golden mediums used as resists. 

I applied two coats of Golden Absorbent Ground to a sheet of Bristol, and, after the surface was completely dry I applied stripes of Clear Leveling Gel, Color Pouring Medium, High Flow Medium, and Super Matte Medium to see how they would work as resists under various types of paint: watercolor, fluid acrylic, High Flow acrylic, and Heavy Body Acrylic.


 

You can find information on all of these products on the Golden website, and purchase them at Blick or your favorite art supply retailer. Here are links to the Absorbent Ground; Clear Leveling Gel; High Flow Medium; Color Pouring Medium; and Super Matte Medium.

The vertical stripes are the mediums used as resists. The horizontal yellow stripes are the paints I applied over them. I hope you find this information helpful. Trying out new materials can be a way to get out of a rut or reinvigorate your art practice. Thanks for visiting!


1 comment:

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!