Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Another Sequence of Work In Progress

I'm working on a few different things in the studio this week.  Here I am just showing you one piece that I started back in March, picked up on in April, and brought along further this morning.

This is where I left off at the end of April

This morning I wanted to put stenciled letters or numbers in there.

Dividing off the lower section with yellow and gold


And then painting over a bunch of it (this is several more steps down the line).


This is where the piece is now, and it may not need anything else.  I have to let it sit for a while and see if it calls for anything to be added or subtracted.
 Thanks for visiting.  More in the works I can share with you in the next few weeks.  Also, I have a video in the works about drawing blind, that is, without looking at the paper. 

9 comments:

  1. Love this piece. Looking forward to the video on blind drawing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved where you left off in April!! But, of course, it was unfinished to you. I really enjoy viewing the stages of discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fourth step with all that rich gold showing through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm wondering if I took it a step too far.

      Delete
  4. It's fascinating how much you hide on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane,
    What paper do you paint on if you plan to sell it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Marilyn, I like it at step 4. I too am fascinated by how much you cover up. To me they look good at every step along the way.

    A totally unrelated question, did the post office survive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually went back to the painting and removed some paint in the upper left to see if I could get that gold glow to come back just a bit.

      The PO is still open, though with cut hours. I'm afraid our postmistress may leave soon - the job now is not really enough to live on - and they may have a hard time replacing her. The hours are 8 - 10 am and 3 - 5 pm. WHO wants a job like that? The postal bureaucrats COULD have one person service two post offices with complimentary hours, but there are so many layers of red tape that they can't seem to do something that makes any sense. Plus, if they had one employee actually working full time, they would have to pay benefits. I am not optimistic. Thanks for asking. So far, we are open!

      Delete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!