Saturday, September 14, 2013

Big Fat Art Weekend

I've posted a few times about Big Fat Art, and thought it's time I offered a Big Fat Art workshop.  First, here are a few pix of my latest Big Fat Art pieces, some in process, some finished.

22"x30"
18"x24"

19"x25"

19"x25"

19"x25"

18"x24"

19"x25"

19"x25"

What IS Big Fat Art anyway?  Here is a description:


Big Fat Art is a state of mind rather than a specific kind of art.  It is all about loosening up and getting past the thinking/evaluating zone and into the creative spontaneous one, where you can be freely expressive.  Ditch the inhibitions, relax, and have fun playing with paint!

Read the full description or register for the workshop here.  
Interested in a shorter Big Fat Art workshop?  I'm teaching a one-day version at AVA Gallery in Lebanon, NH on March 7.  A longer one?  Come for a four-day Big Fat Art workshop at Pacific Northwest Art School in Coupeville, Washington on beautiful Whidbey Island, September 8 - 11, 2014.  

Come on over to The Sketchbook Challenge blog to see a video of me working on the above Big Fat Art, with a little explanation of how it fits into this month's theme, Houses and Hideaways.  This is part of a Sketchbook Challenge blog hop, so be sure to check out the other posts!

11 comments:

  1. A very NICE POST and inspiring works, Jane!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like you had a lot of fun. These are beautiful pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, ooh, ooh. Your work is getting so much more involved. More layers, more intuitive mark-making, and a subtle palette all make for a fully satisfying result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane - you are right about the loosening up and the intuitive - your work is marvellous, one can feel the energy that you release! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic video.. and BFA.. Inspiring as usual. Thanks.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. BIG FAT ART inspires me to think big in my own work. Love your sense of composition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane,how do you frame these for exhibit? I just did some pieces on 18x24 acrylic paper and now don't know what to do to get them ready to display. They seem rather large for putting behind a mat and plexiglass like a watercolor. But I also don't know if I could get them adhered to a wood panel as you showed how to do, and I did with some small pieces. As always, I really appreciate your sharing your techniques so freely,.

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!