Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Color and Composition

I am offering my Color and Composition classes as individual one-day workshops at Studio Place Arts in Barre, VT. Both of these are offered as online workshops as well, starting June 29.

Friday, June 10, 9:30 - 4:00 is Unlocking the Secrets of Color, in which we will learn to mix colors, alter their value and intensity, and use them to make beautiful compositions. Here are two examples of using complimentary colors in collage-painting.:

Red Square

Orange Circle

We will learn how to balance light values, dark values, bright colors, and neutrals, as in this piece entitled "Go!":


On Friday, June 17, also 9:30 - 4:00, is Keys to Dynamic Composition. In this class we will explore several different composition styles, including the grid:



The Cruciform:


The Abstract Landscape:


As well as color, pattern, texture, and other elements of composition.

By the end of this class you should have a better understanding of what makes a good composition and the many different ways of achieving this elusive goal.

Got to Studio Place Arts or register for an Online Workshop.

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous images Jane. I'm getting to recognise your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane
    You commented on my blog a few days ago and I just found it - I'd used your foam core framing idea for my collage. I didn't realize you were THAT Jane! I LOVE your book - it was my first purchase to help get me started with collaging and I refer to it again and again when I get stuck or uncertain. It's a great book and I'm so please to "meet" you and follow your blog. Thanks for stopping by my photography blog though my "art" one is creative-explorer.blogspot and that's where my baby steps are being recorded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. as usual, so inspiring. I wanna go make art, right now.

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!