Monday, April 20, 2015

Northeast Art Workshops

Just back from teaching at Northeast Art Workshops in Gloucester, MA.  The workshop filled to capacity, and the space was AWESOME!  Plenty of room for everybody, with loads of wall space to hang up our work for viewing.  Kat Masella is a kind, generous, and very organized host for the workshops at Northeast.  Check out her line-up for this summer and fall.  I'll be back next year for a five-day intensive, June 27 - July 1, 2016.

Here is a picture of our group (most of us):

Here are images of student work.  We first did a color exercise: using complementary colors in different proportions:




Then we worked on focal areas (or busy, active areas) against quiet space in the format of the cruciform:










And a few other things:

This is actually my piece, but Meredith had nails to match, so I had her pose for the photo.


This is my piece.  It's the one Meredith is posing with above.

Love this tiny bit of orange peeking through the blue.
Thanks for visiting.  As the above is student work (with the one exception), I ask that you not re-post them. 

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic... so pleased you had such a great turn out and such great work ... I too enjoyed the space and the area when attending Katherins Chang Lieu workshop last year...... Great work
    See you soon on the West Coast........

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are so AWESOME!
    Nice work everyone = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love them. Jane, are the complementary color exercises 12x12s? Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all had a great time. I just wish you would come to the UK now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking pieces from everyone! This reminds me that you will be here on Whidbey Island in about a month - so looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful variety in this work. If there'd be one thing better that your online workshops , it would be a REAL one.

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!