Sunday, September 26, 2021

Gel Printing in Tucson!

I have been experimenting with a process of assembling prints into pieces, which reminds me of stringing words together to make sentences. Each print has a few elements - they are not just all-over patterns - and combining them offers a fresh approach to 'composing'. Whereas in a collage, your substrate determines the boundaries of the piece, in creating visual sentences, you assemble the parts without a substrate and make up the boundaries as you go along.






I will be teaching "The Visual Sentence" at Tanque Verde Ranch in Tucson, January of 2022, hosted by Madeline Island School of the Arts. Get details and sign up here.

This is just outside our studio at Tanque Verde. Check out the venue here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!