Monday, July 11, 2016

Works in The Works

I love keeping a lot of pieces UNfinished, in the works, in process.  These ongoing pieces allow me to just play and noodle around with visual Stuff on the surface and see what happens.  Today I took out some large-ish (19"x25") 5-minute paintings.  My idea was to just play with them a bit, and then do the exercise of using a viewfinder to find little mini-compositions within.  (This was part of developing some exercises for a workshop I'm doing at Omega next year that is geared towards those who are a little newer to art).  I did not get to the viewfinder part, but here is what happened:

Here is the original 5-minute painting with some collage added.

And then some paint applied...

And more paint applied...

And then a little bit more collage.  This is where I've left it.  Might be done, might not; I'm sure it will tell me at some point.

Below are two more that are similarly in the works, started from 19"x25" 5-minute paintings:



I have no idea where these are going, or if they will finish as 19"x25" pieces, or if I will actually get to continue the exercise of finding the compositions within.  Sometimes I just have no idea what I'm doing, so I just put some paint (or collage) on paper and the put some more paint (or collage) on paper. 

I am going to take a little break (couple of weeks, maybe more) from the blog.  I need to focus on my own work and I have a rather intense period of teaching ahead of me.  All fun, all good, but something has to give.  Thanks for visiting. 

8 comments:

  1. I love the idea that you 'don't know what you're doing. There's hope for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your inspiration! I just started following you not too long ago and I am always delighted to see something posted by you! You are fearless and that is what I like so much about how you work. Nothing is too precious and everything is always evolving! Have fun with your teaching gig and making art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post! Reading it this morning was exactly what I needed. To create without knowing where it is all going is freeing. I know this and yet I stray away at times. Great to have the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zo leuke originele en spontane werken ....
    Fantastisch !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm amazed how it turned out in just 5 minutes!


    Visit us MD Locksmith

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stupendous blog you guys have provided there, I will absolutely valuate your effort. make money online

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog is very informative the stuff you provide I really enjoyed reading. horse racing tips

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!