Monday, May 11, 2015

Making Collage Papers - and Collage

Thanks for all your thought provoking comments on my last post.  I so much appreciate the discussion.  In the studio I've been trying out new ideas, new ways of working with my materials, and valuing the "busy work" time I spend there.  Here is a video of me making collage papers from my "scrap paper", and then  one way I've been approaching some new 4"x4" pieces.


Here are a few of the papers that came out of this session:

 Have fun making your own collage papers or re-purposing your scraps.  And here are a few of the 4"x4" collages I made using these and other papers:

Well, ho hum, but it's a start.

This is actually my favorite, so I started making more painterly marks on my collage papers.  See how that goes, and maybe I'll post the results.




 Update on Summer Workshops

There are NINE spaces left in my workshop at Omega this summer.  
Expressive Abstract Painting: The Power of Process
July 5 - 10

There are FOUR spaces left in my workshop at Dillman's Bay Resort in Wisconsin.
Abstract Painting: Working in Multiples
September 13 - 18 (four teaching days)

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful Jane! I love to see your process and learn new ways of working, thank you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've given me some great ideas!...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so inspiring. One of these days I'm going to be able to take a workshop from you, saving my pennies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! so love this idea....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always provide new and inspiring ideas. Thank you! Can't wait to try this,

    ReplyDelete
  6. So inspiring your tutorials, thanks Jane !

    ReplyDelete
  7. always love watching your processes and color combos-thanks Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's stunning!!! I love the colours!!! Thanks for sharing! I'm so glad I've found your blog! Will visit again for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tutorial Jane especially after taking your workshop...lots of papers were saved just for this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you be able to paint very much on top of the collage papers or would they start wrinkling and giving out?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoying your tutorials so much, thank you.
    One question for now: does mod podge work the same as matte medium?

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I not know this? I have tons of scrap papers from all the classes I took with you, and am about to purged them. Don't know how I got to this blog (synchronicity) - but this information is certainly very, very helpful for me. Now I know what to do with my scraps, yipee! Thank You for this tutorial! I'm inspired! See you in 2016. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoy every moment of your videos. Anxious to start experimenting.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Collage paper writing is very important work. Now more student working for write collage paper. Some time some student expect assignment help from their teacher. So every student need more practice for write a great assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great stuff. Seems to me the creation process is endless, from using scraps to creating collage papers that can be part of other collages and even printed to be used in multiple projects. My mind is always in overdrive!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent information, thank you for taking the time to share with us. Amazing insight you have on this.

    Assignment Writing Services in uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty nice post I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! assignment writing service

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!