Saturday, March 22, 2014

Art and Soul Kansas City

For an event that was threatening to cancel, Art and Soul in Kansas City (actually Excelsior Springs) was HUGELY successful!  I taught five classes in a beautiful carriage house  a little apart from the hotel, but still convenient.  I felt so well taken care of by the people who took my classes, the Art and Soul staff, and the hotel staff, it made it extremely enjoyable.  THANK YOU for making this a really great teaching experience.  The weather didn't hurt either - 70's and sunny.  Here is a little eye candy, student work from my classes.  All are student work, except where noted.  I did teach five classes, but got the best pictures from Abstract Landscape and Stencils and Masks.  More to come.

Abstract Landscape

Abstract Landscape

Abstract Landscape

Stencils and Masks - my demo piece (one of them)

Stencils and Masks

Stencils and Masks

Stencils and Masks

Stencils and Masks

Stencils and Masks

Stencils and Masks

Stencils and Masks
Here is one thing we did in the postcard workshop:  work on 8"x12", and cut to four 4"x6" postcards:

My demo for 8"x12"
The postcards I got from the above piece

Student work, 8"x12"

Student work, 8"x12"

Next up is Art and Soul in Portland, Oregon, April 7 - 13. 
Click here for my class offerings.
Click here for all workshops.

8 comments:

  1. looks like a great class, wish I could have been there!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just discovered your blog - and I'm really fascinated! I checked your online-class schedule, and unfortunately one has just begun. Too bad, it is fully booked (well, too bad for me....) I enjoyed your demo Videos, and I feel that it's a way to approach painting that I love and can adapt to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eva, taking a class online from Jane is fab! I hope you can get into the next one you want - I've taken collage composition and am now in sketchbook practice - I highly recommend anything you can take from Jane!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your advice. I would have loved signing up for the ongoing class - but I only recently discovered Jane's work!

      Delete
  3. I had so much fun and wish I could have taken all your classes! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!