Friday, June 24, 2011

Video Tutorial on Resist and Water Technique

Thanks for all your feedback and commentary on my Solstice Series. I am happy to hear so many of you are interested in a tutorial on this technique. I'll post the video first, and then a few finished pieces and pieces in progress.



Here is the piece demonstrated in the video. It is just the beginning of a piece:


A piece from my post the other day, only developed a little further:


This one makes use of the same technique, plus the gooey stuff in the middle, which is a demonstration for another time.


And one more in this Solstice Series:


FYI: My online workshop "Unlocking the Secrets of Color" is still open for registration. It begins June 29. The same is true for "Keys to Dynamic Composition". I have great groups in both workshops already signed up, and if you care to join either one, click here.

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful tutorial Jane. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Is there any difference between using GAC and glue as a resist? I am slowly buying the quinacridones. They are amazing colors.
    Thanks Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial, Jane....

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great!
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful video :]
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are soooo generous with your tips Jane... thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's very cool! i just bought the sketchbook challenge ezine and came from your link in it.
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. where did you get that circle stencil? it is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!