Friday, June 10, 2011

Scrribble Collage at Guilford Art Center

I am teaching a two-day Scribble Collage workshop at Guilford Art Center on June 25 and 26th in Guilford, CT. This time I am doing it a little differently. We will spend the first morning making stained tissue papers:


Which are beautifully luminous:


We will make patterns and textures on the stained papers:


And glitz them up with shimmer mists and metallic paints.

We will also paint light weight drawing papers, newspaper, and printed papers to make a big yummy stash of collage materials.




On the second day we will focus on creating collage compositions, working in small series.


I got such a strong response to my "Staining Papers" posts from a few months ago, that I decided to include it in this workshop. In my own work I use a lot of stained tissue paper in conjunction with my painted drawing papers. Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Color just makes me happy!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy days! :]
    Look at all these artful papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so glad you had a class for this. I'd love to do this with a group or solo. I'm looking forward to trying it. Perhaps one day I'll be able to take a class from you! Thanks for sharing. I'm a teacher of young children and one of my favorite children's book author/illustrators is Eric Carle for his use of collage and painted tissue papers!

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!