Friday, April 24, 2020

Stripes to Cheer Up a Room

This is a super easy project I'm offering, as a way to relax and make something cheery (or calming) for your home or whatever personal space you are occupying. We are Painting Stripes on a Paper Bag using materials that you may already have around the house. In the video I use craft paints, one color of Liquitex Basics, and a few NovaColor paints. You can use all craft paints, or even leftover colors of interior latex house paint. I prime the paper bag with interior latex.

Use whatever you have for brushes - even sponge brushes or cheap hardware store brushes will work. I uses these Dynasty Brushes from Blick.


A couple of the craft paints I use are Blick Matte Acrylics, which are very opaque. They are a little more expensive than DecoArt - type craft paints, but still very affordable. I suggest you make a few of these, and tape or tack them to the walls. 

If you prefer an easier, but more expensive, way to introduce stripes into your home, go to my Pixels/Fine Art America site and buy a print or product with stripes.



The nice thing about prints is that you can get them much larger than the original paintings.

3 comments:

  1. i love to watch paint dry and watching you paint stripes this morning was calming and might even nudge me into my studio today! thnak you !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love painting on recycled materials, great tutorial! Thant you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched your video and really enjoyed. I did a stripe painting before watching, so it was especially fun to see your stripes.
    I did black lettering in an unusual script over my stripes.
    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!