Monday, February 13, 2017

Downloadable Coloring Page

I put this piece on my Facebook page, but it appears that people are having trouble getting the link to work.  I converted this image to a kind of line-work, but with some of the texture.  Download the coloring page here, print it out, and play with the colors using colored pencils or paint.

This is "Random Act #1", which is 19x25 on paper.

"Random Act #1" as a coloring page
On a scale of entertainment value, this might not be in your top ten, but a few people expressed interest, so here it is.  It is interesting to take a look at your own work using different Photoshop filters (I know, nobody used Photoshop anymore), just to get a different perspective.

13 comments:

  1. Cool! I love to play with Photoshop and will try this. For my Christmas card this year, I transformed the colors of one of my paintings to red and green and added overlays of a few stars and bars of music. I'm thinking of making some cards like this to sell at the gallery I am in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to see (love the original!). And I love Photoshop -- use it in multiple ways, though primarily to make scans of my art good for sharing. Works well if you have to piece together an image from multiple smaller scans. If artists aren't using Photoshop, what are they using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Photoshop a lot for formatting my work, for piecing together images scanned in two or more parts, and other stuff. I think people use iPhone apps, but they are not nearly as flexible as Photoshop.

      Delete
  3. I still use Photoshop! Can you please tell me what filter you used to get this? I would like to try it with some of my own work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane, love this painting, but couldn't open the link to download. Could you please resend the link. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane, thank you so much for your inspiration. I love it. Unfortunately not able to open the link though. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fixed it. I'm using a new way to get into my server, and still on the learning curve, I guess. Should work now. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jane, I thinks its a great idea! Love it!! I still use Photoshop! Like to check values in B&W, and see other color options, and try over work to see, I know its the coward way>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I use if for that too. I often check values on paintings in progress.

      Delete
  8. fascinating! I have crashed and burned on the photoshop learning curve but that does spark the desire to try the curve again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow lovely collages, very intereting

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!