Monday, June 29, 2015

Crayons, Again

So I'm still on this crayon kick, and wanted to try various crayons on a pastel ground.  Pastel Ground is a product that Golden makes, which transforms your paper into a toothy pastel paper.

This was my "beginner's luck" piece.  10"x10" on gessoed paper



This is the piece I did in the demo.  I used the materials mentioned in the video, plus various brands of oil pastel.

In this one I'm trying to copy the first piece, at top.
Here is a link to the Cretacolor Monolith pencils.  I think everything else is in my previous post.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks Jane, needed just some more inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  2. After watching the previous crayon video, now I'm on a crayon kick too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't gesso have enough 'tooth' to do this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love and appreciate your videos and your work. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my kids gave me a box with 144 crayons and when I showed it to a friend, she said I should look you up - and she was so right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you wanted to use bits of these lovely papers in collage over an acrylic base, how would you fix them--especially the Sennelier? Do you know of an oil based fixative spray that works well?

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you wanted to use bits of these lovely papers in collage over an acrylic base, how would you fix them--especially the Sennelier? Do you know of an oil based fixative spray that works well?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is the difference, using the acrylic ground versus using molding paste or pastel paper?

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!