Monday, February 18, 2013

Some Fun Sites

Several web sites and groups keep coming up in the postcards I am receiving, so I thought I would share them.  I'm excited to see how many people are interested in mail art and letter writing, and things postal in general.

Letter Writers Alliance has some really cool stuff available, including rubber stamps, stickers, stationery, and postal PIGEONS!!!


Postcrossing is a site that allows you to send and receive postcards from random places all over the world.  Check it out!

A Month of Letters is coming to a close, as it is a February project, but I hope that Mary Robinette Kowal will renew it. I've gotten lots of postcards and letters with the participant sticker on them.  Start your own Month of Letters!

I found a Flickr site on Mail Art that you can join.  FABULOUS gallery of work there!

Please send me, via comment or e-mail, and links to groups that you are involved in or know about, that are dedicated to mail art or postal communication.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sites Jane. Love the idea of a month of letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.sendsomething.net
    http://iuoma-network.ning.com/
    http://mailmesomeart.blogspot.com/

    all good sites with interesting people sending good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU for these links. What a lot of great information. Sendsomething.net requires you to register as a member, so I did. We'll see what happens.

      Delete
  3. This has become so very interesting. A whole new world is opening up to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Post...
    PLEASE check out my blog...
    www.suemarrazzo.blogspot.com
    Thanks for being inspiring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found you on sendsomething.net and will be sending you a handmade postcard to help keep your adorable post office open!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do Postcrossing, but infrequently. Have received some wonderful postcards from the most obscure places on the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heart Postcrossing! And, that's how I found out about you and your postcard project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite mail art swapping site is Mail Me Some Art (I see the link above from someone else)- Karen comes up with such clever themes and gives plenty of notice. Then, she handles all the swapping so everyone always gets a card. I've also connected with a few through IUOMA (also above) but find their site difficult to negotiate - it's not very intuitive.

    Thanks for helping to promote mail art - we all LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jane. I have just become your latest follower. I am so glad I have found you inspirational blog. I am looking forward to looking back on your previous posts and following your future projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Jane, great sites for mail art! Love, love, love all mail art I have seen on your suggested mail art sites!

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!