Thursday, February 7, 2013

Postcard Project In Cultural Weekly!!

Looka here!  Cultural Weekly, a weekly online publication about cultural issues, has published a little article about our Postcard ProjectTake a look!

Don't forget to look at the cards posted in my Facebook Album.  I will catch up on scanning and uploading this afternoon and tomorrow.  Today's delivery was a gorgeous stack of fabulous cards, including a HUGE postcard, about 9"x12".  Here is my post box the other day:


 And a few of the cards (there are LOTS more!)  that feature the post office theme:


 
 



I am totally blown away by the cards coming in!  I will keep making postcards and sending them out, beyond the 200 I promised.  I'll post more cards as themes emerge: hearts are a big one this month. 
THANKS again for all your sharing and participation in this project!!  Keep the cards coming, and I'll keep them posted on FB and keep making and sending cards out.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And how nice of them to feature your plight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some FAB cards -- and I see mine on there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to keep spreading the word Jane! Loving all the postcards coming in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I have just alerted a group of talented chics to send their postcards your way! ENJOY!

    Aloha from Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your idea to save your post office. I think everyone else has enjoyed also trying to save it, via the postal cards that have arrived and keep coming. What a great idea Jane!
    I sent mine in, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely. I love love love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: Blogged about you today (the 8th). Mine is a tiny blog, but figure it can't hurt!

      Wishing you well!

      Delete
  7. Jane,

    Just heard about your postcard project from Cloth, Paper Scissors!! I will post to a couple of my groups and see if anyone is interested in sending along a postcard.
    Will you consider sending out the postcards you receive? It would save you some time and you could see if any of them come back around a second time!!

    Enjoy!

    Therese
    www.tmalakart.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing all the cards in the Facebook album. I had an idea. I would love to know the artist and the website or blog link if there is one. So what if each artist makes a comment on his/her card with name, and link info? Just a thought. Have fun looking at the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cool project! I like Linda's idea. There are so many wonderful cards coming in. I really hope we're helping your cause! I grew up in a sparsely populated rural area and feel strongly the postal service needs a viable plan to preserve service to these areas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jane,
    I'm having one of those mornings where every thing is really awesome and to see What you have made possible it truly a gift of giving and sharing. I'm always amazed when a need is sent out and a people answers back with creativity it's always a win, win situation. Wishing wonderment to continue with this Awesomeness happening all around you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. THANKS for all the comments. LOVE your idea, Linda. I wanted to post the name and place for every card, and started out doing that, but then the volume of cards coming in made that not really feasible. It would be great if people could label their own cards via a comment. Include a link to your blog/web site. I will keep posting updates on the blog, and will ask people to do that.

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!