Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Workshops in Westford

Just back from workshops at Ink About It in Westford, MA. What a blast! On Friday evening we made fanciful spring bird ornaments; Saturday was Unlocking the Secrets of Color, and on Sunday I co-taught a Sketch-In with Sue Bleiweiss, who blogged about it on the Sketchbook Challenge. Without further comment, here are some photos from my bird and color classes:

This is Raine's bird. Raine comes to all my workshops at Inky's, and serves as my personal laugh track.


This bird got great head gear as well as tail feathers:


This one got a glittery wing and sequin eye:


Two types of tail feathers adorn this one's behind:


Same with this one:


We got out the Angelina Fiber to add glitz to many of the wings. This one has imaginative feet:


The crown really MAKES this bird, as well as the skeleton leaves for a tail, sprinkled with Angelina Fiber.

This bird project is in my new book, Adventures in Mixed Media, which is available on April 26.

Now, for the Unlocking the Secrets of Color class. After painting color wheels, color gradations, and value scales, we put our skills into practice to make collage-paintings. We focused mostly on collage-paintings in one color (monochromatic) or closely related (analogous) colors.







Thanks for visiting! And thanks to Ink About It for hosting the workshops. Don't forget to go to the Sketchbook Challenge blog to see pictures from the Sketch-In.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks like fun. Wish I could have been there to join in. Those birds are terrific. And it would be very helpful to learn more about color. I tend to work with it intuitively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo diggin' the birds and love the color! What a fun workshop and a fun time you all must have had.

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!