Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Staining Tissue Paper to use in Collage

Here is a video I just released demonstrating how to make stained tissue paper in small quantities. In 2011 I did a post about staining tissue papers in much larger quantity, taking up a lot of space to make full sheets. Read it here and find some useful links. This video shows a more compact version.

You need palette paper (or use freezer paper); white tissue paper (I use Blick); fluid acrylic paints - transparent colors give you the best results; water, brushes.... I think that's it.


Stone Stack #6,  9x12"

Stone Stack #7, 9x12"

Stone Stack #8, 9x12"


Stone Stack #9, 9x12"

I used the resulting material in the collages above. These are very simple studies in which I am focusing on scale, value, and arrangement of elements.

You can find the pieces available as prints or products here.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Jane. I love your videos & you always introduce us to something new & inspiring !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely yummy colors. Thank you for sharing this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the textures. Thank you once more for generously sharing your explorations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for showing how you create the stained tissue paper.

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!