Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Hearts for Fun

OK, I finally found a thing in my studio I can do JUST for fun. As in, light hearted, for the purpose of relaxing and enjoying time in the studio without the kind of focus and effort that Art requires. Making valentines!  Just making collage, drawings, paintings, on a really small scale that feature hearts.

This is a collection of the single heart pieces I made. I'll be posting a video about this on February 1.


Here are a few more; these are 5.5"x7.5".




I found this a great way to play with color, shape, composition, and materials and techniques. You can see more of the collection on Fine Art America. Even if you don't celebrate Valentines Day, try making a group of heart images JUST FOR FUN!

7 comments:

  1. So these diagrams, many really fun, of hearts, were done with ... hand drawing? fabric cut outs? paper cutouts? Yes, some are quite cliched, but the collection demonstrates of how a bit of play can bring up some interesting possibilities to be explored seriously

    ReplyDelete
  2. Permission to steal. ;) Thanks Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Last year I did the same, and felt the same: I had so much fun!
    I love your small compositions featuring a heart. I might do it this year again. I don't celebrate Valentine either - or may be this is my way of celebrating it? I don't know, but it's a pretext I'm going to seize again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments! Of course, you could do the same kind of exploration of materials/techniques/composition with any given shape. But somehow the heart shape keeps it from being serious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you fond of stage shows especially theatres then we have something very special for you and you will surely like it. Here in Geneva, a number of theatre shows are lined up one after the other with great storyline and concept. So, without killing even a second reach us now at https://eventsgeneva.ch/ and book your tickets right away for Theatre Geneve. Here we have sorted out the updated information about each and every show to avoid any confusion or mess.

    Concert Geneve | Theatre Geneve | Grand Theatre Geneve | Theatre Du Leman | Spectacle Geneve | Agenda Geneve | Geneve Agenda | Agenda Geneve Week End | Geneva Events | Weekend Geneve

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!