Saturday, May 12, 2018

Lucie's New Class on Skillshare

I posted the preview of Lucie Duclos' new class a couple of weeks ago. Now it is available on Skillshare. Click here to see it! It is a fun little demonstration of watercolor, called Watercolor Field Trip. Here is what I did in my sketchbook using Lucie's technique and inspiration:


I did not use all of the techniques Lucie demonstrates, but a few. I found this to be a very accessible introduction to watercolor, a way to explore the material without the pressure of making something you want to frame. Enjoy!

I used Koi Watercolor Pocket Field Sketchbox, 24 colors
Sakura Micron Pens
and for the white lines, Posca Paint Pens

3 comments:

  1. I love it Jane! Great line work, and you are definitely a natural with watercolor! Thank you so much for checking out my class. I think you should turn this design into a repeat and upload it to Spoonflower and make an awesome scarf with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucie. I will scan the parts, but I think I need more practice with watercolor before committing to a fabric design. I really like the Posca Paint Pen for the white. Your class is really great for those of us new to watercolors.

      Delete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!