- 90 lb or 140 lb watercolor paper 22”x30”, hot press, or smooth printmaking paper of comparable weight: 4 sheets, 22”x30”. I use Stonehenge paper. Cut your paper to 8.25”x8.25” BEFORE class. You should get six pieces from each sheet.
- Acrylic Matte Medium or Soft Gel: one pint. (I use Utrecht Matte Medium)
- Acrylic glazing medium/liquid: one small bottle
- Acrylic paint: artist-quality paints such as Golden, Holbein, Utrecht, Tri-Art, Windsor-Newton, Blick Artist Arcylics, etc. You may supplement these with student-grade paints.
- Disposable palette: pad of paper style, 9”x12”
- Drawing materials: pencils, various pens and markers, graphite sticks, watercolor pencils and crayons, charcoal, (any of these that you care to use)
- Brushes: bring a variety, some watercolor brushes, smaller flat ones, glue brushes
- Brayer: soft rubber, 2” or 3”
- Spray bottle for water
- Big roll of absorbent paper towels
- Stamps and stencils of your choice (optional)
- Stash of collage papers : think pattern and color, not image or texture.
$5 Materials fee includes:
- Loads of cheap drawing paper for making collage papers
- Drawing materials to share
- Pearls of wisdom
- Chocolate, if you're good.
I highly recommend that you order your supplies online well before the workshop. The local art supply store does not carry many of the items on this list.