Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Workshop At OMEGA

Last week I was teaching at OMEGA, and had a fabulous group of students.  Do I say that about every workshop?  Maybe.  Guess I've just been lucky to get such great people participating in workshops.  Here is a little eye-candy from the week.  I took mostly group shots, as the lighting was not right for getting head-on shots of individual pieces.  THIS IS ALL STUDENT WORK.
Five-Minute Paintings

A Series In Progress

The Drama of Black

Shapes, Lines, Patterns, Colors, YAY!

The beginnings of a Floating Shapes exercise

The gorgeous space at Omega

Shapes, lines, patterns


A little gem that turned up on the last day

Observing and taking photos
Spare and Graphic Collage

Gorgeous shapes!
Omega has a beautiful, tranquil, campus in Rhinebeck, NY.  It's like a luxurious summer camp for grown-ups, with lots of different housing options, great food, trails through the woods, a lake with boats you can use, gardens, a sanctuary for meditation, yoga classes open to everybody, plus wi-fi and cell service.  I love teaching there, and have also been a student.

Next year I will be teaching Intuitive Painting, June 4 - 9 at Omega.  This is open to all levels. 

I will also be teaching Visual Improvisation at Hudson River Valley Art Workshops, May 7 - 13. This is appropriate for "advanced beginner through intermediat" painters, meaning that you need to have some experience to get the most out of it.

5 comments:

  1. My word, that floating series...I would love to see that in a 48" x 60" or larger that would be stunning!

    On another thought, the idea that objects shouldn't "kiss" is nonsense. I notice you make a lot of your shapes kiss and I like that it creates a lot of tension and suspense. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who ever said that objects shouldn't kiss? Never heard of it. Anyhow, thanks for your comment. I agree with you that the floating shapes pieces would be stunning scaled up.

      Delete
  2. Such deliciousness! Your classes always produce the goods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omega is my favorite place for arts retreat. Love the studio space. May come back for the Intuitive Painting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some really interesting work here - they must have had an excellent teacher!

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!