Thursday, August 25, 2016

Work In Progress

I've been working on these 20"x20" wood panels, playing with color and pattern, in between teaching sessions.  Here is a video:


For me, the key to not getting stuck (or getting un-stuck when I am stuck), is to:
  • Work on at least several pieces at a time.  This depends on size: the smaller the pieces, the more I have in the works at once.
  • Do only a few things to each piece before moving on to the next.  I try to stop before I get stuck, and let the pieces remain in process for as long as it take.  
This approach helps keep up the momentum, but of course nothing can totally eliminate the occasional frustrations of making art.  

Still in Process

Still in Process

Might be Done


Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the complexity of these pieces. Your video is quite an insight into your working process. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could watch and listen to you paint for hours!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thank you - inspiring. Beautiful colour, patterns, shapes !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, new directions in colors...? more vibrant and happy. I like the 2nd and the 3rd pieces. To my eyes, the 2nd piece feels lighter then the 3rd piece. Overall, I love the colors..., the loose lines/scratches in 2nd and the blue splatters on the right corner of the 3rd. Great work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, I love your work. I have a questions for you - after you are completely done & happy with a piece that includes the watercolour markers and acrylic paints and possibly inks how do you finish the surface to protect it from the elements? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do protect it with a UVLS varnish from Golden.

      Delete
  6. Your creative works continue to encourage and inspire me Jane! Thank you for sharing! Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for sharing, I love watching you create <3, warmly, Kassi

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!