Friday, November 6, 2015

More Five-Minute Paintings

The Five-Minute Painting is a way to loosen up, not get knit picky, and See What Happens.  In intend to use this exercise in some of my classes in 2016; I think it'd be really fun in a group - see what others do with the same parameters and time limit.  In 100 Drawing, Paintings, and Explorations, I will try this on 9"x12".

These are all on decent paper: Canson Dessin Drawing Paper.  I think they are all gessoed.  And I'm using my usual paints (both Golden Fluid and various tube paints), graphite, watercolor crayons, etc.


#2

#3

#4
#5 would not upload properly, but it's not my favorite anyway.  You can see it on the video.

8 comments:

  1. love the last one ! thanks for the inspiration ,as always !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of these, Jane, particularly #3. It must be difficult to finish a painting in 5 minutes, but a great exercise in spontaneity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to rent that enthusiastic Muse-to-the-Max crowd to urge me on, like it did in your video. Better still (now there is a Freudian slip), I could just buy it, so I have it on hand whenever it is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. 5 munites goes so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved watching you doing these 5 minute paintings. What wonderful spontaneity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. This will keep me going. I will need a fix as the 100 drawings workshop draws to an end. It has really freed me up and I am using many in the methods in printmaking (mostly monprinting) and producing some great results. If not they are just backgrounds to add more layers to. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the great idea! Warming up is half the battle for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful work! Strong colors. Interesting idea to time them in 5 minutes. I'll try it. Thank You. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!