Monday, February 24, 2014

Text and Image Workshop for the Book Arts Guild

On Saturday I went to Burlington, VT, to teach a one-day version of my Text and Image class, which I usually offer as a six-week online course.  I had a great time, and it was lovely to see so many familiar faces, as well as meet new people.  Here are a few pix:
We altered found images using paint and sandpaper.

Here's Debra, experimenting with various ways of making text.

And Cynthia, using stencils to make individual letters.

Marilyn, on the right, and Marcia, on the left, who organized the workshop.

Becky, making gorgeous collages with text and image.

A variety of hand written text

Demonstration With Espresso

Penne's gorgeous lettering and paint transfer experiments.
Layering Text

Playing with Stencils

Combining Text with Image
Visit the Vermont Book Arts Guild, to see what else they offer.  I am teaching another workshop for a book arts group in New Jersey next October, and have taught for various art groups around the country.  If you have an art group in your area and would like to offer a Jane Davies workshop, please let me know. I'm now scheduling 2015.

2 comments:

  1. I love all your drawings and you give me inspiration.
    Thank you!!!
    jumie

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!