Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Plaster and Wax, Part 2

Here is the second video demonstration on Plaster and Wax, which I'll be teaching at Art Unraveled in Phoenix on August 6, and again at Art and Soul in Portland on October 2. If you haven't already, take a look at Part 1.  There are so many techniques you can use on the plaster itself, and then again over the encaustic.  In this video I use Caran D'ache water soluble crayons on the encaustic surface.  Oil pastels, india ink, graphite, china marker, and many other materials are also compatible with encaustic.

6 comments:

  1. Jane thanks so much for taking time to make this video - I've done only one plaster experiment so far (pretty ugly!!!) and need to play some more. I love encaustic and have all the "stuff" - love the combination with the plaster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the birds in the background! I'm brand new at trying this medium and wish that you lived a little closer to me so I could take a class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The birds are my 3-week-old baby chicks. Six Barred Rocks and six Buff Orpingtons. Love brooding them in my encaustic studio!

      Delete
  3. loved these two videos, thanks for sharing your art. Makes me want to try this kind of art. I too love the sound of the chicks in the background.
    pat q

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!