Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Advance Copy

I finally got my advance copy of Adventures in Mixed Media, and I am happy to report that it looks terrific. Nice color reproduction; the book design is awesome; I'm always impressed with the work of my photographers, John Polak and George Bouret. The official release date is April 26, but you can pre-order the book from Amazon if you like. I will bring copies to Art Unraveled in August, and Art and Soul in September to make them available as well. Here are a few sneak previews.

Making a simple pamphlet-stitch book:
Remember these paper bags?
I did a chapter that includes making these shrines from foam core. The gorgeous one on the right is Carol Owen's; she is the inspiration for this project.
This chapter on Fusion, Fabric, and Fiber opens with a photo of Sue Bleiweiss's fabulous tea pot:
A couple of my own fusion fabric pieces:
There is a chapter on Mixed Media Dolls. The doll in the upper right of the left page is by Ingrid Dijkers.
And here is some eye candy from the chapter on books and boxes: paper mosaic with paper gems and glue gems. All the sparkle and glitz you could stand.
Thanks for visiting! Don't forget to check out the Sketchbook Challenge blog.

9 comments:

  1. oooh I can't wait to see it in person, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book looks great-can't wait to receive my copy-I have your other two books and they are among my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is on pre-order. Can't wait to get it!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations.......I can't wait to get mine......some many great projects......

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book looks fabulous -- congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My copy is on pre-order and I can't wait! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book looks fantastic! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!