Monday, October 18, 2010

Studio Place Arts Workshop



Here are a few pix from the Scribble Collage workshop I did at Studio Place Arts in Barre, VT last Friday. The top photo is a collage I did: I challenged myself to make a collage with ONLY scribble painted papers, no layers and layers of paint, as is my usual m.o. I found myself paying a lot more attention to composition, but it didn't seem to cramp my intuitive style. Five fabulous and creative women came to the workshop, and we spent the whole rainy day happily making gorgeous papers and then using them in collage. All of the participants claimed to be beginners at art, but they showed sophisticated visual sense, and picked up on the techniques quickly. I love teaching this workshop! The next one I'm teaching at Studio Place Arts will be on January 28. I'm offering an Art Basics workshop focusing on color, composition, and materials, and using paint and collage as the medium. More about that as I develop the projects and themes. Thanks for visiting my blog! And thanks to those of you who have taken my workshops!

6 comments:

  1. I really like this idea. great inspiration, as always! I just love our book and your blog...Have I mentioned that lately?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this looks so yummy! It makes me want to get into my "studio" (former dining room) and start playing, making paper... instead I need to prepare my next class, no playtime, argh. This papers and colors are gorgeuous! I would love to take a workshop from you... you're in the wrong part of the country! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, and I would love to participate in your workshops. Dreamy. But too far, too far. I'll drool over your blog instead and leep referring back to your book. A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait until I can take the time and just play like this--it's such a contented feeling to just be organic and do whatever you want with no planned thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane.. love that collage.. ka poweee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH THAT IS JUST THE BEST WAY TO SPEND A RAINY DAY....
    MAKING ART...

    I LOVE THAT YOU FIRST MADE ALL OF THE PAPERS YOU THEN USED IN YOUR COLLAGES. IT REALLY MUST BE SO MUCH FUN FOR YOU TO SHARE YOUR TALENTS AND INTERESTS IN ART WITH OTHERS...AND TO SEE THEM LEARN YOUR SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES MUST BE A WONDERFUL DELIGHT. WHENEVER I TEACH, I GET A WARM SENSE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT RUSH OVER ME! YOU KNOW?

    ESPECIALLY WHEN I'M SHOWING MY KIDS SOME TIPS AND TRICKS OF THE TRADE!

    THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR ARTFUL LIFE WITH ME!

    CIAO BELLA!

    CREATIVE CARMELINA

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!