Monday, June 28, 2010

Scribble Paint Journal Workshop






I've been working on more "scribble paint" papers and collages over the last week or so. This is a no-rules, all out fun way to make a lot of collage papers and experiment with different combinations of techniques and materials. I get out my acrylic paints (craft paints and tube acrylics), acrylic inks, liquid watercolors, crayons, oil pastels, charcoal, spray bottle of water, used gift cards (or hotel key cards) for scraping paint around, matte medium, sponges, stencils and stamps, a big roll of paper towels, and a stack of cheap drawing paper, 18"x24". I apply paint, etc., to the paper pretty freely and quickly, building up layers of color and texture, and specifically NOT making compositions. These papers are to be either torn up and used as collage material (the top image is a collage painting made from my scribble paint papers), or, as in this project, made into book pages for a Scribble Paint Journal. The next three images are page spreads from my Scibble Paint Journal. Each page is an invitation to further paint, collage, or write, and I've already started working into a few of them. I am teaching a workshop on the Scribble Paint Journal on September 18 at Colorful Creations in Hyannis, MA. Hope to see some of you there!



3 comments:

  1. LOVE!

    those papers in the top collage seem transparent. are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane... theses are yummy pages.. I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, such beautiful pages! I'm painting pages too that I'm planning to make into a book, but the book making part is kind of slow. I like the painting part more! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!